PRESS RELEASE January 17, 2023
Supercharging MacBook Pro and Mac mini, M2 Pro and M2 Max feature a more powerful CPU and GPU, up đồ sộ 96GB of unified memory, and industry-leading power efficiency
Bạn đang xem: chip m2
CUPERTINO, CALIFORNIA Apple today announced M2 Pro and M2 Max, two next-generation SoCs (systems on a chip) that take the breakthrough power-efficient performance of Apple silicon đồ sộ new heights. M2 Pro scales up the architecture of M2 đồ sộ deliver an up đồ sộ 12-core CPU and up đồ sộ 19-core GPU, together with up đồ sộ 32GB of fast unified memory. M2 Max builds on the capabilities of M2 Pro, including an up đồ sộ 38-core GPU, double the unified memory bandwidth, and up đồ sộ 96GB of unified memory. Its industry-leading performance per watt makes it the world’s most powerful and power-efficient chip for a pro máy vi tính. Both chips also feature enhanced custom technologies, including a faster 16-core Neural Engine and Apple’s powerful truyền thông media engine. M2 Pro brings pro performance đồ sộ Mac mini for the first time, while M2 Pro and M2 Max take the game-changing performance and capabilities of the 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook phiên bản Pro even further.
“Only Apple is building SoCs lượt thích M2 Pro and M2 Max. They deliver incredible pro performance along with industry-leading power efficiency,” said Johny Srouji, Apple’s senior vice president of Hardware Technologies. “With an even more powerful CPU and GPU, tư vấn for a larger unified memory system, and an advanced truyền thông media engine, M2 Pro and M2 Max represent astonishing advancements in Apple silicon.”
M2 Pro: Next-Generation Performance for Pro Workflows
Built using a second-generation 5-nanometer process technology, M2 Pro consists of 40 billion transistors — nearly đôi mươi percent more than vãn M1 Pro, and double the amount in M2. It features 200GB/s of unified memory bandwidth — twice that of M2 — and up đồ sộ 32GB of low-latency unified memory. The next-generation 10- or 12-core CPU consists of up đồ sộ eight high-performance cores and four high-efficiency cores, resulting in multithreaded CPU performance that is up đồ sộ đôi mươi percent faster than vãn the 10-core CPU in M1 Pro. Apps lượt thích Adobe Photoshop lập cập heavy workloads faster than vãn ever, and compiling in Xcode is up đồ sộ 2.5x faster than vãn on the fastest Intel-based MacBook phiên bản Pro.1
The GPU in M2 Pro can be configured with up đồ sộ 19 cores — three more than vãn the GPU in M1 Pro — and includes a larger L2 cache. Graphics speeds are up đồ sộ 30 percent faster than vãn that of M1 Pro, resulting in huge increases in image processing performance and enabling console-quality gaming.
M2 Max: The World’s Most Powerful and Efficient CPU for a Pro Laptop
With 67 billion transistors — 10 billion more than vãn M1 Max and more than vãn 3x that of M2 — M2 Max pushes the performance and capabilities of Apple silicon even further. Its 400GB/s of unified memory bandwidth is twice that of M2 Pro, 4x that of M2, and supports up đồ sộ 96GB of fast unified memory. So massive files open instantaneously, and working across multiple pro apps is incredibly quick and fluid.
M2 Max features the same next-generation 12-core CPU as M2 Pro. The GPU is even more powerful with up đồ sộ 38 cores, and is paired with a larger L2 cache. Graphics speeds climb up đồ sộ 30 percent faster than vãn M1 Max. Along with 96GB of memory, the new MacBook phiên bản Pro with M2 Max can tackle graphics-intensive projects that competing systems can’t even lập cập.2 From powering visual effects, đồ sộ training machine learning models, đồ sộ stitching together gigapixel images, MacBook phiên bản Pro with M2 Max brings incredible performance whether plugged in or running on battery power. M2 Max is the world’s most powerful and efficient chip for a pro máy vi tính.
Extending Capabilities with Custom Technologies
M2 Pro and M2 Max feature updated custom technologies:
- Both M2 Pro and M2 Max include Apple’s next-generation, 16-core Neural Engine, capable of 15.8 trillion operations per second, and up đồ sộ 40 percent faster than vãn the previous generation.
- M2 Pro has an immensely powerful and efficient truyền thông media engine, including hardware-accelerated H.264, HEVC, and ProRes đoạn phim encode and decode, allowing playback of multiple streams of 4K and 8K ProRes đoạn phim while using very little power. M2 Max features two đoạn phim encode engines and two ProRes engines, bringing up đồ sộ 2x faster đoạn phim encoding than vãn M2 Pro.
- Apple’s latest image signal processor delivers better noise reduction and, along with the Neural Engine, uses computational đoạn phim đồ sộ enhance camera image quality.
- A next-generation Secure Enclave is a critical part of Apple’s best-in-class security.
The custom technologies of M2 Pro and M2 Max include Apple’s next-generation, 16-core Neural Engine and new powerful, efficient truyền thông media engines with hardware-accelerated H.264, HEVC, and ProRes đoạn phim encode and decode.
macOS Ventura with M2 Pro and M2 Max
macOS has been designed for Apple silicon, and the combination of macOS Ventura and industry-leading new chips delivers unbeatable performance and productivity for users. Mac computers powered with Apple silicon have access đồ sộ more than vãn 15,000 native apps and plug-ins that unlock the full power of M-series chips.
Xem thêm: những điện thoại không nên mua
macOS Ventura brings new features including Stage Manager, and new capabilities with Continuity Camera and Handoff in FaceTime. macOS Ventura also includes big updates đồ sộ Safari, Mail, Messages, Spotlight, and more, all of which are more responsive and lập cập efficiently on M2 Pro and M2 Max.
Apple Silicon and the Environment
M2 Pro and M2 Max help the new MacBook phiên bản Pro and Mac mini meet Apple’s high standards for energy efficiency. The power-efficient performance of Apple silicon helps the new MacBook phiên bản Pro achieve the longest battery life ever in a Mac — up đồ sộ 22 hours.3 This results in less time needing đồ sộ be plugged in and less energy consumed over its lifetime.
Today, Apple is carbon neutral for global corporate operations, and by 2030, plans đồ sộ have net-zero climate impact across the entire business, which includes manufacturing supply chains and all product life cycles. This means that every chip Apple creates, from design đồ sộ manufacturing, will be 100 percent carbon neutral.
- Results are compared đồ sộ previous-generation 2.4GHz 8-core Hãng sản xuất Intel bộ vi xử lý Core i9-based 16-inch MacBook phiên bản Pro systems with Radeon Pro 5600M graphics with 8GB HBM2, 64GB of RAM, and 8TB SSD.
- Testing was conducted by Apple in November and December 2022 using preproduction 16-inch MacBook phiên bản Pro systems with Apple M2 Max, 12-core CPU, 38-core GPU, 96GB of RAM, and 8TB SSD, as well as a production Hãng sản xuất Intel bộ vi xử lý Core i9-based PC system with NVIDIA Quadro RTX 6000 graphics with 24GB GDDR6 and the latest version of Windows 11 Pro available at the time of testing, and a production Hãng sản xuất Intel bộ vi xử lý Core i9-based PC system with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti graphics with 16GB GDDR6 and the latest version of Windows 11 trang chủ available at the time of testing. OTOY Octane X 2022.1 on preproduction 16-inch MacBook phiên bản Pro systems and OTOY OctaneRender 2022.1 on Windows systems were tested using a scene that requires over 40GB of graphics memory when rendered. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of MacBook phiên bản Pro.
- Testing was conducted by Apple in November and December 2022 using preproduction 16-inch MacBook phiên bản Pro systems with Apple M2 Pro, 12-core CPU, 19-core GPU, 16GB of RAM, and 1TB SSD. The Apple TV phầm mềm movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p nội dung with display brightness phối đồ sộ eight clicks from the bottom. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See apple.com/batteries for more information.