If you're up vĩ đại tốc độ on your iPhone specs, you'll know Apple has outfitted its devices with an IP68 water and dust resistant rating. So, you may be wondering why you need vĩ đại know about ejecting water from the device.
Sadly, there are times when water droplets and moisture can linger in crevices such as the phone's speakers after a dip in some liquid.
Bạn đang xem: water eject shortcut
And while it won't stop your iPhone from functioning, it can interfere with hearing a Hotline or notification alert from your phone. But the whole thing can be solved via the Water Eject shortcut in Apple's Shortcuts tiện ích.
By producing a sound that get you iPhone's speakers vibrating, the Water Eject shortcut can effectively trigger the phone vĩ đại shake out any trapped water. You only need the Shortcuts tiện ích, which already comes preinstalled on current iPhones (if it's not on your phone for whatever reason, head vĩ đại the App Store and tải về Shortcuts, which works on any device running iOS 12 or later).
Once Shortcuts is in place, here's all you need vĩ đại bởi vĩ đại phối up the Water Eject shortcut vĩ đại expel water from your iPhone.
How vĩ đại eject water from an iPhone using a Siri Shortcut
1. On your iPhone's browser, go vĩ đại Shortcuts Gallery and get the Water Eject shortcut by tapping Get Shortcut, followed by Add Shortcut on the subsequent screen.
2. Shortcuts will launch and the Water Eject shortcut will join the other shortcuts you've got stored in the tiện ích.
From here, you can activate the shortcut in one of three ways.
Activate Water Eject using the Shortcuts app
The most obvious way vĩ đại activate the Water Eject shortcut is vĩ đại use the Shortcuts tiện ích.
1. Open the Shortcut tiện ích and tap the Water Eject shortcut. From the thực đơn that appears, tap Begin Water Ejection.
2. A tone will play for roughly 15 seconds. At the over, a pop-up message will appear alerting you that the water has been expelled from your speaker.
Xem thêm: những điện thoại không nên mua
Activate Water Eject using a Siri voice command
If you'd prefer vĩ đại save yourself the trouble of launching Shortcuts and finding the Water Eject shortcut, you can also activate the shortcut with the sound of your voice.
1. Assuming you've phối up Hey Siri on your iPhone, simply say, "Hey Siri, water eject," and Apple's digital assistant will bring up the Water Eject thực đơn. Tap Begin Water Ejection to proceed.
@tomsguide ♬ FEEL THE GROOVE - Queens Road, Fabian Graetz
Make sure you follow Tom's Guide on TikTok for more tips, hacks and hidden features.
Activate Water Eject using a trang chủ screen icon
You can also put the Water Eject shortcut on your trang chủ screen for easy access, assuming you're the sort of person who drops their phone in water a lot.
1. Tap the line of three buttons in the Water Eject shortcut's upper right corner; on the subsequent screen tap the three horizontal bars.
2. Under the Details tab, select Add vĩ đại trang chủ Screen, and then confirm by tapping Add on the next screen
3. The Water Eject shortcut will now appear as an icon on your trang chủ screen. You can edit your iPhone trang chủ screen vĩ đại move the shortcut wherever you want.
You can take other steps vĩ đại protect your iPhone from damage, lượt thích buying a case. Just make sure you buy one that fits your specific iPhone. Our case round-ups for the current iPhone lineup include: best iPhone 13 cases, best iPhone 13 mini cases, best iPhone 13 Pro cases, and the best iPhone 13 Pro Max cases.
If you're looking for more tips on protecting your iPhone, why not read about how vĩ đại prevent thieves getting access vĩ đại a stolen iPhone and how vĩ đại get water out of your phone). Once your iPhone is protected from the world around you, be sure vĩ đại sample the 17 hidden iPhone features vĩ đại help you get more out of Apple's phone.